Thursday, July 2, 2009

Tea Accouterments Card

Did you know I have a penchant for tea and tea accouterments? At some point you must have known with the love of bears a tea party was going to come up here sooner or later. Really, I have had approximately 6 tea parties at my house in the last 4 years. I am talking about vintage tea parties where all the participants ran to every resale shop in the area looking for Victorian garb to wear. Not to mention the Valentine tea party, nor the Halloween tea party. All complete with themed decorations, party favors, food, and dress. They were all marvelous and memorable.

Today's card was for the Split Coast Stampers Sketch Challenge #235. I just had to try this. I adore this sketch. I wanted to do something different, although flowers came to mind many times. If you look in the gallery, there are a lot of flower themed cards. As I was looking through my things I came across these teacups and knew it would be perfect for what I wanted to do. I have scrapbooked some of my parties and these are leftovers. So here is my recipe:

  • The tea items are actually stickers that I stuck to card stock and cut out pop dotted for dimension.
  • Spellbinders square nesties, the white ones were run through the cuttlebug with the paisley embossing folder then inked with Tuskinek Brilliance Dew Drops in Pearlescent Orchid.
  • The flourishes are from a little sizzlets sizzix die
  • The roses are paper flowers and, of course, I stickled the flourishes and the little flowers on all the tea pots.
Thanks for stopping by. I am working on another card for the Midnight Madness Challenge for this week that I should have up soon. There are some great challenges this week. I usually leave links in my post so check them out and join in.

2 comments:

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Carol, This is so beautiful, the colors and design is breathtaking!! Love how you included the florishes and tiny roses...definately my cup of tea!!
Hugs,
Charlotte

Kristine said...

holy smokes girl! :) This is FABULOUS!!