Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Teapot Tuesday Challenge-Lara the Ladybug

FOR THE MARK'S FINEST PAPERS BLOG HOP: CLICK HERE
Welcome to my Teapot Tuesday Challenge Card. I know, I know, we were to bring the some birds and some bees and at least three daisies but no trees. Well what garden wouldn't be complete without a Ladybug.
Ladybugs are good luck. In fact the folk lore in France about lady bugs is if one lands on your hand, when it flies away it will take your illness. So with these two things in mind, I am sending my card to the destination station in Canada to a retired lady who has been diagnosed with lung cancer. She loves birds and is surrounded by a beautiful back yard filled with trees, birds, flowers and critter-----so see she needs a ladybug!

About my card. This image is from Digital Delights. I am their Guest Designer today. I won a challenge for one of my cards last week and was asked to be their guest. I use Lara-she is fancy cut and layer three times. I placed crystal effects on her. I made the daisies and used yellow flock for the center and attached little lady bugs on three of the flowers.
You can see them better in this picture. I also repurposed and altered a Bumble Bee Sensational Tuna container to place some candy in.


This is an easel card

This is the sentiment I wrote on the inside. Thank you for stopping by today. I appreciate it and your wonderful comments.

12 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow carol this is gorgeous again, what a great card.
I love your ladybug and all those flowers.
and i love that ladybugpunch.
she wil love that card carol.

greetings karin

Vicki said...

Hello Carol! So so pretty hon! So well color coordinated as well! Love the punch you used and the flowers are the finishing touch! Great card!

HUGS!
Vicki

Marisa said...

Cute ladybug image and I'm loving those flowers on the side! Fun ladybug punch border too.

Emily Keaton said...

How ladybug delightful, Carol!! That PATP is a perfect match to this sweet little lady, and I love the tiny ladybugs you added to some of the flowers. Well done!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Carol I have not seen anything more beautiful in a long time [ and i do blog hop a lot!]
Your creation is breath breathtakingly beautiful
Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wowza! Carol, this is so dang delightful. The gorgeous creation is filled with sunshine and smiles. I love your wonderful ladybug card!

Chrissy said...

I think this card is stunning Carol. I love ladybugs, and these colours are gorgeous.A beautiful card.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Benzi said...

Carol, it is always a treat to come to your blog and check out the beautiful cards you have made. The ladybug may be the only insect I'm not afraid of...oh, I'm not afraid of the butterfly either. What a great card to send someone who is surely needing some cheering.

Carol L said...

The way you colored this adorable ladybug just brought her to life! This is such a sweet and charming card and I love the stitching and pretty little flowers! Absolutely beautiful!!

Tricia (Hariets Mom) said...

Your Lady Bug is the most adorable I have ever seen. I'm going to dream of Lady Bugs tonight :O) She will love it. =^..^=

Wendy Hall said...

Beautiful creations Carol. Thanks so much for being our Guest DT today.
Hugs
Wendy (aka Louby Loo)
www.digitaldelightsbyloubyloo.com

Cheryl Walker said...

Carol I LOVE your Laura the ladybug card, and love the border punch and dp to match!!! Beautiful sentiment inside too :) I Love this digi she is sweet, and is one of my favorite ladybug stamps.

Beautiful job as always hun!!!
hugs,
Cheryl