Saturday, October 29, 2011

Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge-Scraps

Hi everyone and welcome to this weeks Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge over at Mark's Finest Papers. The challenge this week is to use your scraps. I know I don't look like I have a lot of scraps here but let me explain.

My Mark's Finest Papers Cardinals in Winter is actually a scrap from something I intended to do but didn't. I was going to decorate a jar with them and didn't. So I decided to make this card with them. This image is layered. I cut a Cardinal out of one of the images and layered it on top for dimension. The Poinsettia is a result of playing with my new die set. I was trying to decide how to layer and enhance the Poinsettia and these were laying on my craft table. I decided to marry these with the cardinals. The gold leaves are from leftovers from something else I was working on.The Products used on the card:
Mark's Finest Papers-Cardinals in Winter
Spellbinders: Layered Poinsettia, Parisian Accents, Labels 4
Ribbon, Recollection Gold Dots, Gold Stickles, Gold Leaves, Gold Martha Stewart Micro Beads

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you will be able to join us in our challenge. Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow carol this card is gorgeous, beautiful made.
the poinsettia's they are looking so real.
stunning card.

greetings karin

Winnie and Patty said...

Carol--this card is so beautiful! Cardinals in Winter is one of my favorite sets right now and you did a fabulous job with it and your scraps! The inside is as beautiful as the front (as always LOL). Hope you're feeling better. Talk to you soon! hugs Patty

Love crafts forever said...

Hi Carol. This card is so much to look. From papers to embellishment, it's a wonderful Art work.
Hugs Nataliya

Kym Weber said...

Carol, this is so stunning! The reds and greens are so elegant! All the details are gorgeous! The cardinals are beautifully done! Along with the poinsettias! Hard to believe this card is made from scraps! Way too spectacular!

Barbara Colbert said...

Spectacular look...and you did it from scraps! Beautiful colors, and everything goes together perfectly! Love that Cardinal...and the inside is just as scrumptious as the outside! LOVELY job Carol!!! Stunning!

Chrissy said...

Carol this is just stunning...the colours are glorious and the gold ribbon..mmm...so beautiful.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Marisa said...

Gorgeous cardinal and I LOVE the gold leaves among the poinsettias. Beautifully done.

Shirley said...

Wow! It is really beautiful! Love every detailed inch of it and the Poinsettias are outstanding!

Emily Keaton said...

This is jaw-droppingly beautiful, Carol!! I love the richness that all that gold adds. :)

Janeen said...

carol even your scrap cards are gorgeous. of course i should have known the poinsettas were hand made. i think of you as the flower lady

Benzi said...

Gorgeous! I love to see your poinsettia because I bought a Spellbinders poinsettia and haven't used it yet..hope mine looks that good.

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! What can I say about this but WOWZER!! Your flowers are so amazing as is your whole card design!! So elegant!! I love it!! ;)

Colleen Dietrich said...

You made those poinsettias?? Wow! They look like they came already made. They are amazing, and they look terrific with the cardinal label. This should be on a table in your home, as a decoration!