Friday, January 20, 2012

Fred She Said Hydrangea Vase


 Hey everyone.  I am back again this week with another creation.  Usually I have a hard time getting anything done during the week.  When I come home from work after doing chores most times I am just too tired to create.  But I have been having coffee in the afternoon around 3ish or so and I come home not so tired....lol

This creation was made with the Fred She Said Hydrangea Bouquet found here.  Is this not purdy!!!  I used the Martha Stewart Hydrangea punch and punched all the little flowers.  The Hydrangea punch that I used is the one with the two tiny flowers and one medium.  So I punched a bunch of these and distress inked them with spun sugar first and then worn lipstick over that.  I left some white spaces  even on the flowers.  Then I glued them on the bouquet.
 See how dimensional it looks.  I took some crystal stickles and ran it over the petals.  The butterflies are Martha Stewart and I double layered them and distressed them to match the flowers and of course used more stickles.   I also used crystal effects on the vase.  It doesn't show in the picture but it makes it look like glass.
The Martha Stewart punch around the page is called Cherry Blossom.  I have also used cuttlebug vintage corners, a cuttlebug embossing folder and spellbinders die.  The Lacey die cut on the top and bottom framing the vase is from heartfelt creations.   Hope you like this creation.  I am working with some more Fred sometime soon.  I got more stuff floating around by head!!!  Thanks for looking!!!

Challenges Entered
Cardmadfairy's Digi Days  -  Ribbons and Bows
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards  -  Glitter Latte
Clearly Inspired Challenge  - Pastels
4 Crafty Chicks  -  Summer in January
Colour Create Challenge  -  Pink and Green with the option of make your own flowers
CropStop  -  Vintage, Distressed, or Shabby Chic
PaperCrafting Journey  -  Floral

32 comments:

Nan G said...

Purdy and then some! Knock down gorgeous, my dear! Is that a Label 20 the vase is mounted on?

Carol Hurlock said...

Yes Nan that would be a Labels 20

Love crafts forever said...

OMG! I can't believe it!!! You punched out all that little flowers!!!!! Wow! This is looks amazing Carol. And that Die cut to die for. Love it!!!!!!
Hugs Nataliya

Marisa said...

Your floral arrangement is stunning, Carol!! LOVE IT! Great use of the Nesties to mat the focal image. Where there are butterflies and flowers I am happy :) Great card!!

Cheryl Walker said...

OMgosh Carol I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!! You did a beautiful job and im glad you have been making the hydrangia's lately they are sooo pretty and love the colors on this one!! Also ♥ the butterflies and frames you used!!!
Hope you have a lovely weekend!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow another gorgeous card from you carol.
beautiful made.

greetings karin

namo said...

I love this card very much:):)

Cassie said...

This is absolutely stunning, Carol! I love it! Thanks for playing in CIC44 :D

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our Summer Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, this is pure gorgeous, love it...awesome job!

happyscrapper said...

This is stunning card. You need to keep drinking that coffee at 3. Thanks for joining us this week at CCCC. Good luck and hope to see you back next time.
Hugz,
Christine DT at CCCC

angelwhispers said...

Oh my god I love it!!! The overall design is just awesome and I love the hydrangea and the punch you have used to make it so 3d is a must have I need one!!!

You go girl with the coffee this is just amazing (I must say though I drink coffee even before bed and still fall straight to sleep!!)

Enjoy your weekend Love Chanelle xxx

Jessie Lubyk said...

Oh Carol, this is just stunning. I love love love the colours. Thanks for playing along @ Paper Crafting Journey :)

Vicki said...

Simply gorgeous card! Amazing detail work. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog.

Joanne said...

WOW! This is just beautiful! You put so much love into those flowers, they are awesome! Just a fantastic card, so many nice details, really pretty! So glad you played along with us at CC&CC. Aloha, Joanne.

scrappinlil said...

OMG...this is absolutely beautiful..I love all the details and the sparkle. gorgeous....You are so very talented. TFS

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card!! Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

Suzie McFloozy said...

O what a fabulous card Carol x
The die cuts look great and the flowers are stunning x Just beautiful x
Thanks for playing along at paper crafting journey & colour create this fortnight & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

PCJ said...

Wow what a gorgeous card. Beautiful! Thanks for playing along at with the PCJ Challenge!

Lisa xox

Benzi said...

Most beautiful, Carol. That vase of flowers is gorgeous and I really love the die cut above and below your vase. Where's my 'to order' list? LOL

Tamie said...

Wicked card. I love the layout and all of the little details. Thank you so much for sharing your summer inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

CropStop said...

WOW! I hope the recipient frames this card!! We'll be sharing your artistry on our facebook, pinterest and twitter pages if you don't mind (with all due credit to you, of course!). Gorgeous!! Thank you for joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com

Caroline D. said...

Hi Carol... I clicked on the link from cropstop and it brought me here. :o) At least you're getting credit for your artwork! This really is a gorgeous card and the flowers are stunning! Don't you wish hydrangeas really came in this color!!

Michelle said...

gorgeous, Carol!!! love your bouquets and beautiful butterflies!!!

Kathy D. said...

WOW!! jaw drops open!! amazing. love the 3d real look.

Thanks for playing in Clearly Inspired "Pastel" challenge. Hope to see you on Feb 3rd when the new challenge is posted.

Rosie said...

Wow, Wow, Wow Carol, this is spectacular!! I love everything about it especially the dimension you created! Thank you for joining in our CropStop Challenge. Hugs, Rosie

Sheila said...

Stunning card and simply perfect for our challenge at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days. Thanks so much for joining us, Sheila:)X

lalkygirl said...

stunning card ,love the dimension and the gorgeous colours ,thanks for hoining us at cardmadfairys digi days and good luck
tracey x

Veronica said...

Awesome thank you for joining us at CropStop Challenge Blog

Michelle Pearson said...

Carol, you rock my world! This is FABULOUS! Thanks for the FSS card...and for posting it to the CropStop challenge....a double bonus! You need my addy?! ;)

Julie said...

Wow stunning work, the hydrangeas are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Colour Create for our Pink and Green Challenge, Juliexx

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wowzers! I clicked on the close up pic, so I could see those little flowers better, and oh my goodness! You have to be so proud of that how that vase of flowers turned out. IT's outstanding, Carol!

Ronnie Bear said...

What a beautiful job on this card !! All the extra work was certainly worth it! Completely gorgeous and BTW if you haven't guessed yet, my favorite flower is the hydrangea!! Just lovely!!