Saturday, June 16, 2012

Pink Saturday-Key West Gingerbread House

Happy Pink Saturday.  I am linking up to Beverly's How Sweet The Sound-Pink Saturday post.  If you have visited me before, you know that I recently went to Key West.  I love that place and want to go back as soon as possible...lol  We rented an electric car and drove everywhere on the island.  While going down one of the side streets off of Duval we passed this house.  I made my husband turn around and go back.  I had to get a closer look.  This house makes my heart sing!!!

Isn't this positively charming.  Notice the front lawn is "paved" with brick-isn't that cool.  I love all the gingerbread trim on this house.  I have another picture to share with a "purple" house for another day. 

Here is a close up of the flowers that are just on the right corner of this house.  Isn't this just beautiful.  Look at the gorgeous color.  So pretty.  If you look real close you can see that the house next door was robin egg blue.  It's up on the ceiling.  I love that all these homes have white ceiling fans on their porches.  Thanks for allowing me to share some of my vacation photos.  Happy Pink Saturday!

9 comments:

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK said...

What lovely photos for Pink Saturday. And I notice you love chocolate. Be sure to stop by and follow my link to Pinterest and beyond. I found a tasty sounding and uber easy recipe for pink fudge using chocolate chips and frosting! Yummm :) Have a blessed weekend!

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful, thank you so much for sharing.

Warm Heart Bears said...

Love the house. Bet you had a lovely time!

Marisa said...

Love the tropics as houses reflect the wonderful bright colours of the flowers. Great pics.

Emily Keaton said...

That house looks just like a doll house, Carol! It's adorable. I love seeing your AWESOME vacay pix!!

nwilliams6 said...

Makes me want to go too! Lovely - I can see it inspiring a card too - I double dog dare you!!!

Chubskulit Rose said...

You have a beautiful entry this week.

Happy Pink Saturday. Come and take a peek at my PINK when you get a chance. Enjoy Father's Day!

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a fabulous house, and I can TOTALLY see you living there, Carol! Lots and lots of gingerbread. Pretty flowers, too. Can't wait to see the purple house!

Benzi said...

I'm so glad you're sharing these wonderful photos, Carol. I want to be there....NOW.