Friday, August 22, 2014

Always Chipboard Album

Greetings everybody.  For my project share - this is a $1 chipboard album from Michael's.  This was created for my son Ryan's girlfriend.  She loves taking picture of the two of them together.  So I decided to make her an album to hold some of her favorites.  This is the cover.  I used lots of Recollection brand products and things you find in the dollar bins.  The butterflies are a CottageCutz die and the leave ferns are Sizzix on this cover.
The band on this page holds an envelope that will hold 4 x 6 photos.  There is a pocket on the front of the envelope that holds a bunch of tags that were created from a sheet in the paper collection.  Again this butterfly and fern leave match the front cover.
Kristen has a rabbit named Greyson so that explains the little bunny I wanted to include on this page.  I used a spellbinders die to frame their picture along with some "Want2Scrap bling around it.  The Cattail and Butterfly, the Bunny and the pretty leaf flourish behind the fabric rolled rose is CottageCutz.  There is a band behind the photo that holds more tags that can hold more pictures.
An expandable pocket that holds 4 tags is feature on this page.  I swear I love this album insert so much and have been using it in all my albums.  I did mount some picture on the tags in these pockets and it looks really beautiful.  This pocket was made with envelopes.  The butterflies are CottageCutz and the Doily is Sizzix.
This holds lots of pictures-it unties and has a place for at least 8 pictures.  The little flower is from the dollar bin at Michael's, the butterfly again is CottageCutz.  It's framed with a Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page and that doily is a CheeryLynn die.
The bicycle was added to this page as Ryan and Kristen's first date was a bicycle ride at the beach.  There are several layered pockets on this page with lots of tags.  The bicycle is a CottageCutz die and the flower was created with a Marvey Punch. 
This picture is from that date and I used more of the same dies for consistency throughout the album.  I think it really pulls it together that way.
Great little tag booklet behind the picture for this page.  The rolled roses are a Marianne die.  I love making rolled roses-so fun.  The crochet flower is also another one of my little side activities I like to do while riding in a car....lol
This lace pocket holds lots of tags for this page.  All the little wooden words you see throughout this album were in the $2 bins at Michael's.  The little glittered heart is a punch.  It was something I did long ago and decided to use it on this page.  Do you do that?  Make things for a project that don't work or have extra.  I put those "extras" in a box and pull it out when I am making something to see if it works with my current project.  No waste!!! 

Thanks for view my mini album.  It was a fun project for me.  I love doing mini albums and 3-D projects.  I have several to share....I need to catch up...lol  I am currently taking classes for Cake Decorating.  It's something I wanted to do for years.  With my oldest son getting married in March, his future wife and I decided to make the cake for the wedding.   I am in the third course currently with one more course to go.  Each course is 4 weeks.  Believe me ladies when I tell you that making flowers with fondant and gum paste is like creating them with paper.  Just saying!!!   Happy Crafting and see you soon!

10 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is stunning Carol and so very beautiful made.
love all the details and great design.
Gr Karin

Glenda said...

How wonderful this is! I love all the attention to detail that only you can do! Wonderful colors and I love the photos you selected to showcase!

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous, all those fantastic details, this had to take forever to make!

Nan G said...

A gorgeous album! She'll love it!

Benzi said...

Carol, this is just fabulous and what a treasure. It is just a super way to keep those first date (bicycle) and others memories for a lifetime. Great photos, too. Have you gotten your future DIL into paper crafting yet? Enjoy those cake decorating classes.

Donna Ellis said...

How nice to be a part of your son-and-gf life, by showing how precious they are to you. Carol, your technique of combining punches and die cuts (with other embellies) always makes my eyes happy. I look at every nook and cranny to see what you have done. This is delightful and beautiful - and oh-so-Carol-ish! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Wish I could spend time with you privately so you could help me learn to create in your "Carol-ish" fashion, too! hugs, de

Marisa Job said...

Your projects are always beautiful! Love this mini album too! Hugs!!

Marisa said...

Fabulous mini-ablum! Each page is a definite work of art! Way to go with the cake classes too!! Can't wait to see pictures of the cake you make for the wedding!! So glad your experience with paper flowers is carrying over to the fondont version so well :) BTW, don't worry about catching up on commenting on my blog - you have your hands full!

Cibele Glazer said...

WOW!! That is gorgeous! As usual, your attention to detail blows me away. Hope all is well my friend. :)
Hugs.

nwilliams6 said...

This is stunning Carol! So much love and effort and time went into this album with 42,000 details! I know she loved it and I really enjoyed seeing pictures of them (they are cute, cute, cute together) and reading the details of how you did parts of this. Wow! Gorgeous! I am also impressed you guys are making the cake too - 4 classes - Wow! I am sure your cake will surpass anything that you could purchase - can't wait to see it. Fun stuff. Hugz!